Saturday, February 21, 2009

Typing with pinyin characters... testing, 1, 2...

Let's see if this works. I found a site online that claims that I can write the accent marks for the tones with a Mac. I had to enable the "U.S. Extended" keyboard.
  • Alt+a for the first tone - ā
  • Alt+e for the second tone - á
  • Alt+v for the third tone - ǎ
  • Alt+` for the forth tone - à
  • To type ü, type Alt+u then u
Zǎo shàng hǎo. Good morning.
Hěn gāoxing rènshi nǐ. Nice to meet you.

Crap... I had to type it first in Word and then cut and paste it in. That's certainly not the fastest way to write. Let's see if the actual Chinese characters that I copied from the phrase page will copy into blogger... 很高兴认识你。

And here is how (supposedly) I would write in Chinese characters if I were to ever need to do that... not that I even know how to write or recognize one word at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment