- Alt+a for the first tone - ā
- Alt+e for the second tone - á
- Alt+v for the third tone - ǎ
- Alt+` for the forth tone - à
- To type ü, type Alt+u then u
Hěn gāoxing rènshi nǐ. Nice to meet you.
Crap... I had to type it first in Word and then cut and paste it in. That's certainly not the fastest way to write. Let's see if the actual Chinese characters that I copied from the phrase page will copy into blogger... 很高兴认识你。
And here is how (supposedly) I would write in Chinese characters if I were to ever need to do that... not that I even know how to write or recognize one word at this point.