- I don't have to concern myself with grammar or even trying to understand. It supposedly just happens after awhile and starts making sense.
- I already watch too many hours of foreign movies on Netflix. Might as well be learning.
- The sounds and rhythms of the language become familiar to me well before I start trying to speak or produce anything myself.
- I like to know what's happening in the story.
- I fear that I may get bored of watching so many hours of incomprehesible conversation and just stop.
- I love learning about grammar. Nerd.
So, if I want to take this approach seriously and give it a shot, I need to watch anywhere from 500-800 hours of Korean television. I'm going to count the first two dramas I've already watched, even though I watched them subtitled.
Playful Kiss: 17 hours
Boys Over Flowers: 27 hours
Total: 44 hours of Korean
Left to go: 456 hours
Fingers crossed that this works. Fighting!